Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Need To Simply Play


http://nanacast.com/vp/95713/40942/

Tonight, as in most nights, I was flipping through the hundreds of different choices of what might grab my attention on that new large piece of technology that I bought for myself when moving into my one bedroom apt here in Pacific Beach San Diego.

Believe it or not this was my first ever purchase of a television...and a flat screen, state of the art, GoogleTV non the less.

I caught the last ten minutes of a show on CNBC ( or somewhere ) with a title that included the words " attention " " technology " and " crack berry. "

Funny in that I flip the show off then flip the computer on to blog these words.

I am sure you get the gist of it all...

On the one hand we are all interconnected but does it take an electronic device or a social network platform for us to realize this
On the other hand technology is a tool that can help to make our world smaller and connect us with each other in way\'s not before thought of

( O.K. Honestly I believe that we might even be able to be even more connected without the use of this technology. Our brain being the most complex computer ever with only a small percentage actually being made use of )

But I digress....

I graduated from SDSU with a Degree in Recreation Systems Management in 1999

Play, Flow, Fun, Experience, Interaction, Challenge, Games and so much more were a big part of my actual college curriculum.

But how often do we stop, disconnect and simply be wherever we may be or play a game of hide and seek. (even with ourselves)

Play is fundamental to brain connectivity and growth.
Play is fundamental tool we must learn as children to become social.
Play is a fundamental part of what it is to be human.

How many of us have gotten out there to do what brings us joy today ?

That concludes my thought and blog post for this last night in July 2011.

Thanks For Reading
CoreyActionJackson
CaliCore3

p.s.
Wanna discuss a little about financials ? Let\'s see what happens in the next couple day\'s with this whole political/media circus show...

Cheers !

No comments: