Corey Rodriguez Jackson1476 Thomas Avenue, San Diego, CA 92109
Phone: (858) 605-0009 • Email: CaliCore3@gmail.com • Download PDF of Resume
IntentTo achieve a position of positive impact within a global organization.
EducationSan Diego State University, San Diego, CA, 1994–1999
Bachelor of Science, Recreation Systems Management
Skills and CertificationsMicrosoft Word and Excel; Internet Searching; American Red Cross–CPR/First Aid; PADI Divers–Open Water Certified; Basic Computer Knowledge Skills; Information Designs Systems 180; Experience with Lifeguard Regulated Safety Procedures and Coast Guard Regulations
Work ExperienceCrew Member, Trader Joe’s Specialty Grocery
San Diego, CA, 11/2006–07/2013
• Involved in planning, developing, implementing specific store operating goals.
• Maintain inventory control and order purchasing.
• Perform cash handling and ensure drawer accuracy according to strict store policies.
• Guarantee the highest customer service while representing Trader Joe’s to the diverse population of the community.
• Able to follow instructions, rules, and guidelines of specific store operations.
Intern/Volunteer for Lori Saldana, California State Assembly
San Diego, CA, 04/2007–10/2007
• Executed general office administrative duties including answering phones, research, constituent data input and clerical activities.
• Carried out specific research on sustainability and “green” environmental programs located within the district.
• Contacted and located businesses that take a triple bottom line approach towards People/Planet/Profits.
Seasonal Park Ranger, County of San Diego Parks and Recreation
San Diego, CA, 01/2006–09/2006
• Regularly patrolled and maintained the park, open space preserves, and recreational ball fields.
• Followed strict policies, rules, and guidelines in regards to matters such as public safety, environmental concerns, and public/private encounters.
• Communicated clearly, tactfully, and patiently to public utilizing the park.
• Attended educational, safety and recreation based county meetings and events.
Receptionist, El Capitan Canyon Resort
Santa Barbara, CA, 06/2005–11/2005
• Upheld front desk public, guest, and community relations.
• Organized recreational, educational and environmental activities for guests including large community, corporate, educational groups.
• Accurately recorded and monitored expenses and resort funds and handled cash according to strict policies.
• Used computer reservations system including the word database.
• Worked in a fast paced environment while managing several projects as priorities of guests changed.
• Conducted friendly and resourceful customer service.
Information Specialist, San Diego International Information Center
San Diego, CA, 10/2004–06/2005
• Provided specialized information on San Diego attractions and places of interest to both local and foreign tourists.
• Sold top attraction tickets, maps, books, postcards, and other informative tourist merchandise.
• Provided information and assistance in hotel bookings, recreational activity assistance, and food, dining and entertainment recommendations.
• Conducted opening and closing duties including cash handling and center operations.
Activities and Events Coordinator, International School of Languages
San Diego, CA, 09/2000–08/2004
• Responsible for organizing and conducting successful cultural, recreational, and educational activities and provided events for international students from an individual level to groups of 100 plus.
• Organized a monthly calendar of events for after school activities and weekend trips from 2–3 days in length to Western United States tourist attractions.
• Coordinated after school activities including: surfing, sailing, beach days, happy hours, dancing, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park and other places of interest in San Diego.
• Worked with deadlines while tolerating frequent interruptions in my fast-pasted office environment within the school.
• Managed projects such as hotel bookings, ticket arrangements, phone card sales, trip sign up sheets, cash handling in all forms of currency, while making time and having the patience to speak with each student individually about their needs or desires from the program.
• Communicated to the best of my ability with those whom English skill varied from strong to little or none.
• Promoted, marketed, and sold activities/trips to students using posters, classroom speeches and events.
• Prepared budgets and monthly reports of all expenses and details of trip experiences in summer recruiting and training for yearly Juniors Program.
Customer Service Rep, Alaskan Sightseeing Cruise West
Pacific Northwest, 06/1999–12/1999
• Met and exceeded the needs and expectations of cruise guests.
• Developed interactive educational and entertainment activities between crew and guests.
• Fostered a strong sense of community and team work while living and working on the vessel.
• Met Coast Guard mandated training on safety and environmental concerns regarding operation and handling of cruise ship.
Camp Counselor, Mission Bay Aquatic Center
San Diego, CA, 04/1996–04/1998
• Provided instruction for surfing, kayaking, sailing and various water sports.
• Specialized in group and private/public instruction.
• Implemented activities and events.
• Followed environmental standards regarding issues of fuel, trash and pollution on Mission Bay.
Volunteer ExperienceSurfrider Foundation – San Diego Chapter Member and Volunteer Beach Cleanup
San Diego Coast Keepers – Member and Volunteer Beach Cleanup
San Diego State Children Center – Assistant Teacher
Point Loma Nazarene College – Surf Prayer Trip
Intern Position working with CA Assembly Member Lori Saldana on issues of Environmental Policy/Politics
Written for Oceans Magazine Contest on “Why our oceans are important to us” (Non-Published)